Meeting Minutes 24th September 2018

BYCCMeeting Minutes

Meeting of the BYCC Management Committee

Held on Monday 24th September 2018 at Bembridge Youth and Community Centre from 7:30pm

Present: Carl Johnston (Treasurer), Diane Portwine (Secretary), Tina Bishop, Keith Cook, Bryan Jones, Sheila Weedall, Michael Murwill and Steve Warburton.

Also present: Sarah Portwine

  1. Apologies for absence

Bill Bristow, Bryony Davies, Sally Pigot and Richard Weaver

  • Approval of the minutes from the last meeting

Minutes approved and signed

  • Treasurer’s Report

BYCC showed a profit of approximately £1220 in July and approximately £700 in August. Mainly due to Summer Festival, Festival of Sport run entries and Ingeus hall bookings. Professional and legal costs totalling £2400 include insurance costs, payroll and accountant. Michael Murwill suggested meeting with Secretary to review insurance costs. Treasurer will email committee with chart comparing BYCC annual turnover.

  • Upcoming events

Halloween Horror – judges required for fancy dress competition, Michael Murwill volunteered, Tina Bishop and Keith Cook are also available. Sweets for prizes are also required, Steve Warburton offered to donate prizes.

Bembridge Fireworks Night – deposit paid of £150, there will be an outside bar for cans and bottled drinks. Stalls in the hall, trampolines and churro stand outside. Volunteers required to collect donations. Sarah Portwine will ask Keiron Cooney if he will pipe again. The committee discussed the charge for the only hot food vendor, Sarah Portwine will ask the current vendor to pay £250 this year instead of £150.

Bird Talk – Friday 16th November – Steve Warburton organising

Bembridge Christmas Fair – Sunday 2nd December – Paul Wray will be Santa again visiting the homes which Keith Cook will co-ordinate with Dave Betteridge. Stalls in the hall, Santa’s Grotto and ponies outside dressed as reindeers. A discussion was had about booking characters again, they keep children entertained while waiting to see Santa so good to continue with. Discussed possible children’s competition making tree decorations from recyclable materials. Sheila Weedall mentioned that the Village Partnership are also holding a children’s star making competition.

The Soup Run – Sunday 16th December – Bryan Jones is organising and a discussion was had about possible souvenir alternative to mugs.

Christmas Quiz – Friday 21st December – Paul Wray holding quiz

New Years Eve Party – DJ cost £250

  • Any other business

Sheila Weedall asked for an update regarding Steve Warburton’s resignation.

RESOLVED: Steve Warburton will not be resigning as Director or Trustee and will remain the Centre Managers line Manager for one more year.

Michael Murwill asked if policies and procedures are annually updated. Policies and procedures are annually updated by the Secretary, currently updating GDPR.

Sarah Portwine proposed purchasing a leaving gift for Bembridge Parish Council Clerk Emma Goldring who has resigned from her position.

RESOLVED: Sarah Portwine will email the committee with leaving gift ideas.

Sarah Portwine reported that the MUGA projected is still on hold until the Isle of Wight Council grant Bembridge Parish Council the remainder of the land required.

Sarah Portwine reported that Michelle Davies from The Starlight Boutique is coming to the end of her year’s booking. She has been invoiced for another year but no response has been received. The invoice is due on 28th September and the Centre Manager proposed terminating any hire agreement if it is not paid due to previous problems with the hirer.

RESOLVED: The Starlight Boutique will no longer have a hire agreement with the BYCC if the outstanding invoice for £585 is not paid by 28th September.

  • Date of next meeting

Monday 3rd December – 7:30pm