MEETING MINUTES 25TH SEPTEMBER 2017

BYCCMeeting Minutes

Meeting of the BYCC Management Committee

Held on Monday 25th September 2017 at Bembridge Youth and Community Centre from 7:30pm

Present: Bill Bristow (Chairman), Di Portwine (Secretary), Carl Johnston (Secretary), Bryan Jones, Steve Warburton, Keith Cook, Richard Weaver and Sheila Weedall

Also present: Sarah Portwine

  1. Apologies for absence

Sally Pigot, Michael Murwill, Tina Bishop and Bryony Davies

  1. Approval of the minutes from the last meeting

Minutes approved and signed.

  1. Matters arising from the minutes of the last meeting

Included in agenda items

  1. Treasurer’s Report

The CIC Paypal account has a balance of approximately £1000 which needs to be transferred. August was a quiet month with basic expenditure apart from the BYCC paying the additional insurance for Fireworks Night. Karate Club is also making regular payments. We started the year with approximately £27k and now the accounts show approximately £31k.

  1. BYCC Events

Halloween Horror – Saturday 28th October

Bembridge Fireworks Night – Friday 3rd November

Bembridge Christmas Fair – Saturday 16th December

Winter Run – Sunday 17th December

Christmas Quiz – Friday 22nd December

New Year’s Eve Party – Sunday 31st December

Bryan Jones outlined plans for the Winter Run that would incorporate a new route and potentially need fewer marshals. The route will be slightly longer then the summer run and include running up to the monument. Runners will come back to the centre for soup and runner’s numbers could be entered into a raffle draw. This will be more of a social run then a race but runners will receive a mug which Sarah Portwine will acquire a sponsor for. Runners will be charged around £10 to enter.

RESOLVED: Mugs and medals will be purchased for runners completing the winter run

Festival 2018 – Bembridge Parish Council have approved the proposed festival plans for Saturday 26th March 2018. Plans for parking areas are being organised by Richard Weaver and residents will be notified nearer the time. The BYCC will apply for a Premises Licence for the event with Sarah Portwine named as the Designated Premises Supervisor. Advice needs to be sought regarding VAT and setting up a bank account for this event. Richard Weaver and Sarah Portwine will look into the best method for ticket sales. A booking fee can be applied to cover additional charges for ticket purchases. A Paypal account could also be set up for the BYCC.

  1. Any other business

The BYCC requires a new Henry hoover.

RESOLVED: Sarah Portwine will purchase a new hoover.

Sarah Portwine requested permission to purchase new staff/volunteer polo shirts.

RESOLVED: Sarah Portwine will purchase new staff/volunteer polo shirts.

  1. Date of next meeting

Monday 23rd October at 7:30pm in the lounge.